11 April 2009

Manless!!

Her Ladyship and the Female Vassals are enjoying a manless weekend!

It's spring break, the boys are gone on a geology trip with the scouts, and we're having all sorts of fun.

The guys left Thursday afternoon. We hung around and got the house in a little bit of manless order, then Friday we SLEPT IN!! then drove down to the Living Planet Aquarium for a field trip. We ran into some people we know from Ogden--the Scalise's. I think they're following us. We ran into them on the last field trip we took too!

We hung around there for awhile--petting the rays, watching the octupus and the sharks. It was great fun! We also bought some little water bugs that'll grow when we add water. They're called Triops and they look like tiny horseshoe crabs. Here's a picture:



On the way out of SLC we stopped and enjoyed hot fudge sundaes at McDonald's, then stopped in to visit Grandma and Grandpa Woolley. We hotfooted it out of there before traffic got too bad and went home for a dinner of pizza rolls, and popcorn and a movie. We watched Willow--on of our favorites!

Today we cleaned the house then went shopping for accessories to complete our Easter ensemble. Maren needed some springy shoes, Hannah needed a shirt or jacket to wear over her spaghetti strapped Easter dress, I needed SOMETHING new to wear on Easter. Well, NEW is relative. We shopped at the DI.

Tonight we're going to the baptism of a young man in our ward who has been waiting until he turned 18 because his father wouldn't give his permission before then. His father has also told him he will disown him if he's baptized. But that won't be such a loss for this young man, I think. Long, sad story.

Anyway, we're HOPING Ian and Darin will be home in time to go to the baptism with us.

And tomorrow's EASTER!!!

Happy Easter everyone.

2 comments:

  1. Don't you love an occasional manless weekend! I love my man, but I gotta say trips to the DI are far more fun (and lengthy) with just a bunch of girls. Of course it is imperative that all participating girls are different sizes. Glad you guys had a good time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a lot of fun! I liked the Willow part (great movie) and the shopping at the DI part. I was just telling myself today that I need to stop in for a couple of things. I'm curious about who was baptized? He doesn't sound familiar to me. I hope it was a wonderful meeting / experience for him and your family. Welcome home to Darin!

    ReplyDelete