28 May 2009

SILENCE!!

The fans are gone!

A gentlemen from the disaster cleanup company came to my door. I told he was my favorite person in the whole wide world just then.

He checked the dryness of the walls and floor and took those $%&@#*!! fans out of my living room.

But now we seem to be playing a waiting game. We don't know why. Maybe it's the insurance company who's holding things up. I don't know. At any rate, the fans are gone and nothing is happening to get things moving on the restoration.

So we're walking across a low spot in the floor and looking dismally at the the horrid stains on the carpet and figuring it's probably not worth our while to wash the walls since they're still covered with little red stickers showing the extent of the water damage. We're also looking at our piano--which is EXTREMELY heavy, by the way--and kind of hoping things DON'T happen any time soon, because that would mean having to move the piano again. Whether we get new carpet or have the carpet cleaned and the pad replaced, the piano will be in the way where it stands. So do we move it now to try to restore some sort of order to the house while we wait? Or do we wait to find out what's going to happen?

Heck if I know.

*sigh*

At least my garden's all planted now.

I put in three more rows of onions, a row of spinach, a couple rows of beets, a row of carrots, a row of parsnips, two additional hills of crookneck squash, and a few more potatoes this morning. I can hardly wait to start eating fresh garden produce! Yum!

No comments:

Post a Comment