17 February 2009

Life in Ogden

Right now it's pretty darn white in Ogden.

I just got off the phone with Grandma Woolley, who I called because I was bored. I have nothing to do today. I'm sure I could find something, but I have no pressing tasks. I'll explain why in a minute.

But back to Ogden. Grandpa W. says the snow isn't even covering his grass. Lucky DOG!!! We're swamped with about a foot of new snow. And it's HEAVY snow. Ian and I just about did our backs in shoveling the driveway this afternoon. Of course two more inches have fallen since then and it's still snowing, though lightly now. Earlier it was pretty much blizzard conditions.

We're SO ready for spring!

So back to why I'm bored.

I've finally read my way through a mountain of slush. I've even sent all the rejection letters I had piled up. The kids are done with school. The walks are shoveled.

I'm bored.

Well, not anymore. Darin just got home and it's time to fix dinner, then tonight is American Idol. We've had fun watching it, cheering for the ones we like, jeering the ones we can't stand--like that silly laughing girl--Tatiana? Is that her name? Wow. She needs to learn to keep her mouth shut once in awhile.

We're having hamburgers tonight. I had to dig the grill out, but grilling is SO worth it.

What are you having? Anything interesting? We could use some new recipes to try.

Share one with me!

I have a friend who posts recipes on her blog sometimes, and they're awesome!

Maybe I should try that!

But not right now. It'd dinner time.

I'm rambling. A sure sign I'm bored.

Bored, bored, bored.

*sigh*

2 comments:

  1. Are you still bored? What are we having for dinner tonight? - taco soup - Jared doesn't like it but I had leftovers in the freezer so that's what we're having. Go for a walk. Move up here. I just was put in as YW president (how many times have I done this now?) and I could use your help! Good luck with today - hope it's better than yesterday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ;-)

    Boredom doesn't last long around here!

    I just 25 more stories in my slush pile, tonight I had a meeting with the orchestra association, tomorrow and Saturday me and the kids are going to a Sci-fi and Fantasy conference at BYU.

    Rah, rah, rah!

    ReplyDelete