23 June 2009

The Visitor

The day Darin and the kids came home from youth conference, we had a little friend show up at our house.

It's some kind of ground squirrel, though one I've never seen before. It was big with a longer tail than I'd ever seen on a ground squirrel--though not a bushy squirrel-like tail.

We started to wonder if it had hitched a ride with them from Ephraim.

We've seen it twice now, but it disappears quickly when we try to chase it for a better look.

Anyway, I looked around on the DWR's website and THINK it might be:



A White-tailed Prairie Dog, which would mean he came from somewhere around here.

Cute, huh?

I just hope he doesn't take a liking to my garden veggies!

1 comment:

  1. I used to think prairie dogs were cute. We have a lot of them around our house, although they might be a different kind. When they get hit by a car their fellow prairie dogs gather around the body and eat it. It is really disgusting--they are little cannibals. We also had one in our garage for a couple of days. We found it after we discovered pieces of our strollers and fishing poles nibbled all over the garage. I am no longer a fan of prairie dogs.

    ReplyDelete