03 January 2009

Last Day of Holiday Freedom and OCD

Call me a relic of the public school system, but holidays, including summer, are sacred to me.

No school--at least not formal school--during holidays.

And, as another relic-ism from public school days, I'm kind of rueing the coming of Monday. Back to school for us.

I don't think I'd mind it so much if I didn't have to drive kids back and forth all day, every day.

I'll be VERY glad when Hannah gets her driver's license. She'll be able to do at least some of all that driving for me. I hate driving. I hate driving because I can't really accomplish anything while I'm driving. It's wasted time when, in ANY other circumstance I could be doing at least two things at once. When you're driving, you just drive. If you try to do two things at once while you're driving you end up dead, maimed, killing, maiming, or, at the very least, extremely embarrassed.

I just read my niece's blog. She related some of her OCD-ness and it reminded me of our family Christmas party as we were relating tales of OCD-ness. At that party I had the opportunity to relay my favorite OCD quote to her and other members of my family. I wish I could tell you where I heard this or who to attribute it to, but I can't. Anyway, it goes like this:

"I'm CDO. You know. Like OCD, only in alphabetical order, like it should be."

Yup. We can TOTALLY relate in our household. I only wish I were OCD about a clean house. *sigh*

1 comment:

  1. Just wanted you to know I'm hooked. Isn't blogging great! I've added your's to my favs and I get very disappointed if there is nothing new time and time again--but no pressure! It is hypocritical of me anyway. I am not always the best at updating.

    ReplyDelete